Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bike light my @$$





I've recently read on report about Eisley and it's recent double wedding within the band this following quote,
You do what is within you. A painter paints. A writer writes. Quitting on the talent... the God-given gift you've been given is just pure (vocabulary mishap). Right? I'm not saying that bands should stay together forever. I'm just saying that you can't stop being who you are... you don't ignore what is in your bones... what runs through your soul... for any reason. I just wanted you guys to know - for a band like Eisley, getting married doesn't mean giving up on what is in them. Perhaps just the opposite.
Which is something I can relate to at the moment. I've graduated for about two years now. When I first started traveling I didn't miss home really. I miss my friends and stuff but I was enjoying freedom and meeting new people and living on my own since I've always lived at home.

But something dawned on me last week as I was folding children's clothes at my current job, I have been avoiding trying to do what I am meant to do, which is creating art. Not just making t-shirts so I can have a faux surf/witty clothing line or print stupid shirts for someone else. Not just making stuff for assignments in school. Not trying to get a job in commercial print shops slowly becoming deaf at the sound of industrial machines that prints labels, brochures for other people's company so I earn a living.

Because even when I try to ignore my instinct and what is within me to make art(whichever kind) by telling myself what other people have told me, that I should probably get a hat so I can busk on the streets and that I need to do something that have some sort of guarantee of security in life, I still unconsciously feel most like myself and most happy when I am making stuff. It could be as simple as rigging lights for the over sized bike that I ride to work in the rain.

So all this rambling is just me telling myself stop f*ing procrastinating already! And I give you all permission to throw imaginary stones at me if you find me being too lazy~

No comments: